Soundproofing, also called sound insulation or soundproofing, aims to minimize to the maximum the environmental noise of a construction, whether residential, commercial or industrial.
Your upstairs neighbor walking in heels often home? Your children love listening to their loud music ? You hear more and more passing cars near you? With a densification becoming stronger Population, such inconvenience is unfortunately becoming more common. The sounds generated by your environment can quickly compromise the quality of life in your home and generate disputes with your neighbors. Studies have also shown that the noise was a major source of stress and fatigue, which can lead to depression.
To effectively limit the spread of the, it is essential to know the origins of noise. We distinguish two types of noise and :
- Impact noise originate from a shock or a vibration on a structure, walls or floors. Upon impact, materials will vibrate and thereby propagate the sound wave throughout the structure. These are the most complex noise reduction, they are mainly generated by walking, moving and falling objects. These noises subside with the addition of materials, as resilient channels or insulation products.
- Airborne sound, as indicated by his name, propagate with the air but also the vibration of the structures. Indoors, they are mainly generated by the voice, Television and radio, whereas outside, it will be close to urban life : road traffic, air, rail and pedestrian. Exposure to airborne noise will be even stronger with the presence of openings in the walls that offer air leakage and leave well spend his. It will make your walls sealed to effectively insulate your home.
Soundproofing is an important part of living comfort, as may be the air quality. The establishment of better sound insulation will be to limit parallel air leakage and vibration. To carry out the insulation work, we will take into account three aspects that are grounded, decoupling and drum effect.
- We favor insulation materials which have the highest weight, because the more it will be high, the insulating material will be more.
- The separation will in turn reduce the propagation of vibrations and therefore noise. The thickness of a credit card is sufficient to avoid solid contact and scattering.
- The drum effect, also called acoustic reverberation, is a phenomenon of amplification of sound waves across cavity, which are themselves in the walls and structures. We reduce this effect by injecting for example cellulose in the cavities between the joists.
At the level of sound-proofing materials , we use :
- The insulation which is often used between common walls can also be for interior partitions that separate the different rooms in the house, as a living room or bedroom. Among the insulation wool, rock wool is an insulator of choice because of its high resistance to fire, water and mold. For a more economical product, we opt for glass wool and reduced resistance performance.
- Cellulose, blown into the walls to fill cavities and avoid drum effect is an ecological and efficient product in the insulation of airborne noise.
- Resilient channels which disassociate the materials of the structure, especially in separating the gypsum amounts. They are mainly used to insulate the ceiling and prevent the spread of vibrations. They are easily installed and can be supplemented by the addition of insulation wool before covering with sheets of gypsum.
To keep the potential of soundproofing materials, it is important that the installation is done well. Improvising this type of work can be expensive if you do manage to seal all air leaks and if you find that the insulation you have installed is not enough. Insulation and cover Multi-Concept, we respect all the standards of the National Building Code (CNB) and guarantee our work. Consult with experts ! Contact us, We can help you.