Formation and causes of mold;
why the abduction?
The term mold is an unscientific generic term for the development of fungi based on the deterioration and alteration of organic compounds. In reality, there are thousands of species of mold, which vary depending on the organisms that compose it and the environments in which they proliferate. In Canada, for example, more than 270 species have been analyzed indoors and the mold found indoors may differ from those found outdoors. However, we keep the generic term to simplify the explanation of the phenomenon in construction, by associating mold with microscopic fungi. We establish diagnostics and corrections for your home in Laval and Montreal.
Mold grows in hot, humid and poorly ventilated environments. For example, a bathroom is the ideal place, as is the roof. Mushrooms particularly appreciate the condensation that can occur in a room, because it is an environment that promotes their development. It is necessary to ensure proper ventilation of risk areas and to control the presence of moisture.
- Décontamination avec un produit industriel pour enlever la moisissure.
- Après 45 minutes, notre équipe refait la même chose en arrosant avec le pistolet, mais ils appliquent un anti-moisissure pour prévenir la moisissure. ( un encapsulant).
- A la fin des travaux, on fait venir une entreprise qualifiée pour faire un test d’air afin approuver nos travaux de décontamination. Cette technique est excellente non seulement pour la moisissure des grenier mais aussi pour toute les moisissures qu’on trouve dans une maison, afin d’en connaître leur taux de concentration.
- Test de frotti afin d’analyser l’échantillon pour savoir qu’elle sorte de moisissure est présente et sa concentration.
The house is the place where we spend the most time, so it is important to find a very healthy air quality. Mold can quickly compromise this balance and can lead to health problems, allergies, diseases and lung infections. Some of the most common problems include runny nose and the appearance of regular colds, worsening asthma attacks, and irritation of the eyes, throat and nose. Note that the appearance of these symptoms is not always related to the presence of mold, but it is necessary to consider this factor. Precautions should be reinforced if your home includes the presence of infants, pregnant women, the elderly, people with respiratory disorders or people with a weakened immune system.
In addition to health problems, mold also causes structural problems to your construction. They particularly affect wooden structures, which are very popular in Canada, to the point of causing them to rot. If the material of these structures decomposes, the buildings are weakened over time and can suffer significant deterioration or even subsidence. It is therefore necessary to regularly check the presence of fungi. Removal of contaminated material is the only option.
- Have you noticed the high presence of humidity in your home?
- Have you ever observed mold in your home over a large area?
- The mold you’ve already cleaned comes back quickly?
- Does a family member have breathing problems that get worse when they’re at home?
- Or do you just want to check the condition of your facility to protect your family?